The performance of FRP pipes:
1. Anti-fouling and anti-moth.
The surface of unsaturated polyester resin is clean and smooth. It will not be polluted by shellfishes, fungus and other germs in the sea or the polluted water so that the roughness increases, the water-crossing section is reduced and the maintenance cost increases. There is no pollution from FRP pipes. It can keep as clear as before after long-term use. At the same time, due to its smooth inner wall and excellent corrosion resistance, it will not produce scales and the breeding of microorganisms, effectively ensuring water quality and maintaining the stability of water resistance. However, the water resistance and surface scaling of traditional pipes will have great possibility of increase in the future.
2. The corrosion resistance is good and there is no effect on water quality. FRP pipes are resistant to the erosion of acid, alkali, salt, seawater, untreated sewage, corrosive soil or groundwater, and numerous chemical fluids. It has a longer service life than that of traditional pipes. Its design service life is generally more than 50 years. For sand reinforced plastic pipes, more applications are in the municipal, urban transmissions and distribution pipe networks. It has many advantages. It is non-toxic, no rust, tasteless, no secondary pollution to water quality and no need for corrosion. What’s more, the service life can be greatly extended and the installation is easy. Therefore, the water supply and drainage industry are very welcomed by the users.
3. Light weight, high strength and convenient transportation and installation. The installation of socket connection is quick and simple. Therefore, the lifting cost is reduced and the installation speed is improved.
What’s more, it can bring significant economic advantages:
(1) If the conveying capacity is the same, the smaller diameter of FRP pipes can be selected for the project to reduce one-time project input.
(2) With the same inner diameter of the pipe, the pumping costs can be saved if FRP pipes are used. It also shortens the pumping time and reduces long-term operation costs.
4. Low maintenance cost. Because of the above corrosion resistance, wear resistance, frost resistance and pollution resistance, the project does not need to rust, pollution prevention, insulation, insulation and other measures and maintenance. There is no need for pole resistance protection for buried pipes, and the project maintenance cost can be saved by more than 70%.
5. Good wear resistance. The water containing a large amount of mud, sand and gravel was loaded into the pipe to carry out a comparative test on the effect of rotational wear. After 300 million rotations, the wear depth of the inner wall of the pipe is as follows: the wear depth of steel pipes coated with tar and enamel is 0.53mm, and the wear depth of steel pipes coated with epoxy resin and tar is 0.52mm. This shows that it is quite wear-resistant.
6. Long engineering life. Safety can be the best. According to the laboratory simulation test, the suitable life of FRP pipes can reach more than 50 years.
The performance of steel pipes:
1.there is a large rate of occurrences of problems with steel pipes in the process of usage. The main trouble is the internal and external anti-corrosion treatment. First, the problem of external corrosion is very critical. The quality of external corrosion directly affects its service life. Cangzhou Hongxin pipe fittings CO .,LTD
Now, the method of external corrosion of domestic steel pipes is mainly the cover type approach. The external corrosion of steel pipes is all required to be enhanced or specially enhanced. There are some areas to implement cathodic protection. The cover type methods of external anticorrosive methods are generally the coatings such as petroleum asphalts and epoxy coal asphalts. The latter is not easy to cure at low temperature, and there are more problems in the field of welding construction. This chlorosulfonated polyethylene was originally used. However, most of the solvents are easy to produce pinholes. Moreover, the fight against wear is not up to standard. It is no longer clearly used in some parts of the regions. ASTM A53 steel pipe
For cathodic protection, its anticorrosion effect is better. However, the method of sacrificing anode is adopted. The anode must be replaced regularly in the future operation, which increases the operation cost and work. As for the treatment of inner walls, there are three ways in common: mortar of antiseptic coatings, resins and cements. There are two problems with the three methods: the first problem is the bonding strength of the anticorrosive layers and steel pipes. Regrading to the anticorrosive coating and resin mortar, they require complete rust removal of the inner surface of the steel pipe to construction, but this is difficult. Therefore, the rust point part causes the origin of later layered stripping, forming corrosion and scaling..
2. Poor hydraulic performance and high-energy consumption. The roughness coefficient of the steel pipe is between 0.013-0.014. Thus, the resistance along the pipeline is high for the pipeline with the same water quantity and the same pipe diameter. Then, it is necessary to increase the head of the pump and increase the initial investment. At the same time, the operation cost will increase greatly due to the large power consumption.
3. The bearing capacity of pipes on water hammer is poor.
4. Compared with the materials of other traditional pipes, the material of steel pipes is light with high strength and good toughness. It can bear higher internal pressure. It also can adapt to the complex or harsh geological environment.